- Algae grows on the surface skimmer, especially the rubber area is very hard to clean it.
- Prepare a softdrink recycle bottle (or any kind of container), and get some Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) for enough to use.
- You may hold it or throw the whole thing inside the Sodium Hypochlorite.
- For this situation, I hold the far end and rinse the other part inside.
- After that stir fast in circular to get rid of the algae, do it until no more green on the equipment.
- Then wash it properly until no more soapy feel on your fingers, that will kill your fauna.
- Finally, clean it in a minute only, some of the "crystal salt" still on the edge of the surface skimmer that currently I am unable to clean it with any chemical, but with a blade is the fastest way.
Well, I am using this method for years, because I'm just taught someone about how to use this chemical and cause a lot of easy job to us.