My Photography

My Photography
Off topic post, recently a bit active in photo shooting more than aquascape. The reason why I do that is to understand the nature, like Mr Takashi Amano does. So is a helpful skill to develop our aquascaping and some nature behaviour. The place I am staying has such a limited stone scape, but worth for deep in study of the formation. If you like my photography, please drop a 'LIKE' on my link. Thank you very much.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Added Calcium in my tank

Recently a forumer told me that the Anubias has the symptoms of nutrient deficiency, because the leaves bending too curly. After serched on internet, found out Calcium deficiency is the cause of curly leaves.
I got my-self 1Kg of Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) because of it is easier dissolve in the water instead of Calcium Carbonate. Not too sure about Calcium Nitrate, Calcium Sulphate and etc. Calcium Chloride is harmless to plants.
It can also be used in the planted aquarium hobby for adding bio-available calcium in solution for calcium-using animals such as shrimps and snails.
Test and correct the pH if needed because calcium deficiency is often associated with low pH.

1 comment:

Vuezz Blog said...

Thannk you for sharing this